Why come to Perth Scar and Pain Clinic?
You can benefit from our treatment with the following conditions:
- Chronic pain: Headaches, Whip lash, Jaw pain, Sinusitis, Repetitive strain, Carpal tunnel, Arthritis, Thumb pain (texting thumb!), Shin splints, Osgood Schlatter, sever’s disease, plantar fasciitis, heel spurs.
- Postural pain: Back, neck, shoulder, arms, wrist, hands, thumbs, hips, knees and feet pain.
- Posture alignment: For pain prevention and efficient muscle use.
- Scarring: Restricted movement, pain, itch and aesthetics. We can also provide scar camouflage.
- Movement: Restrictions, imbalance and excessive tension.
- Breathing: Restricted and inefficient breathing. We can also help improve breathing for stress relief or function (eg. singing, sport).
Benefits of Treatment
Relieve Chronic Pain
Chronic pain is a complex combination of neurological, structural (body based), emotional and cognitive factors. Unravelling the factors contributing to your pain can provide long term relief.
Realign Your Posture
Unwind the strain and stress patterns in your body to restore ease, improve the neurofascial signalling and increase efficiency in the body.
Restore Ease In Movement
Release the tight or stuck fascia to increase mobility in your joints as well as improve the sensory connection between the brain and the body. Increased levels of sensory awareness of the body improves your ability to adapt it to a wider variety of functional movement patterns.
Release Scar Tightness and Pain
Both new and old scars can create tension and restrictions in movement and contribute to chronic pain. Releasing the tissues surrounding the scars can influence the way the scar feels, moves and looks.
Revitalise Your Breathing
Realigning your posture and releasing tight fascia can improve your breathing to reduce negative stress responses in both the body and the brain.
Relieve Stress in Your Body and Mind.
Muscle tension can be a result of an automatic stress response to prepare for a fight or flight action. Relieving muscle tension can have a calming affect on your mind, allowing you to let go of stress and remind your brain what it feels like to be at ease in your body.
Reorganise Your Worksite Ergonomics
The environment within which you function on a day to day basis, as well as your daily postural and movement habits can contribute to your pain patterns. Strategies can be implemented to reduce the physical loads and strain on the body, thereby preventing or reducing further tissue strain and pain.
By combining body-based treatment together with psychological / cognitive treatment techniques, both the body and the brain are reconnected providing a holistic, integrative approach to treatment.
Welcome to Perth Scar and Pain Clinic!
Feel free to contact Helen DeJong to discuss your needs and find out if I can help you.
Ph: 0414 827 508
Clinic Located at 4/7 The Esplanade, Mount Pleasant. Western Australia.